Spain’s Garbine Muguruza jumped two places to number three in the WTA rankings released Monday after her victory in the season-ending WTA Finals in Guadalajara last week.
Beaten finalist Anett Kontaveit of Estonia gained one spot to go seventh.
The 28-year-old Muguruza was previously ranked third back in July 2018, while her compatriot Paula Badosa, whom she beat in the semi-finals, also leapt two spots to go eighth.
Australia’s Ashleigh Barty remains firmly atop the rankings, followed by Belarus’ Aryna Sabalenka.
WTA rankings as of November 22
- Ashleigh Barty (AUS) 7582 pts
- Aryna Sabalenka (BLR) 6380
- Garbine Muguruza (ESP) 5685 (+2)
- Karolina Pliskova (CZE) 5135
- Barbora Krejcikova (CZE) 5008 (-2)
- Maria Sakkari (GRE) 4385
- Anett Kontaveit (EST) 4351 (+1)
- Paula Badosa (ESP) 3849 (+2)
- Iga Swiatek (POL) 3786
- Ons Jabeur (TUN) 3455 (-3)